13 July 2009

Walgreens school supply sales

Walgreens started their school supply sales already. I found some decent bargains: $1.99 Expo dry erase marker 4-count packs (must use in-ad coupon for this price), $0.39 index cards (my older kids used a ton of these last year for reports and such), 8 for $1 pronged portfolios with in-ad coupon, and $0.39 mechanical pencils (10-ct package).

It seems the sales started earlier this year than last year. I wonder if it's because of the poor economy and stores are hoping to boost sales by starting earlier, or if there will be even better markdowns later. I do remember that last year by the time our school district posted its school supply lists on their website, many of the best sales had already happened!! I've been picking up things that I know the children will need when I find them at a good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment